We haven't had a chance to put up any updated information on Herbie for awhile, so here's what we've been up to:
We finally got all the valve train set up. When we re-checked the geometry on all the valves, we found a couple that weren't quite as good as we wanted so we had to re-make some That is such a tedious job!
With the valve-train completed, the long-block is FINISHED!
The next job was to adapt the newer style oil-cooler to the old style engine case.
We had to remove the studs from the bracket and mount and replace them with step-studs.
The new step-studs that are available aren't threaded all the way, so we had to use a die to extend the threaded portion the full extent of the stud.
Once the studs were finished, we could use some thread-locker to install them into the cooler bracket and engine case.
After all that, we finally got the brand new oil-cooler bolted into place and ready to go.
We forgot the camera, but there will be some more pictures soon.
Finished Long-Block
Finished Long-Block
Finished Long-Block
Finished Long-Block